To me, the best Father's Day gifts are the ones that are personalized, unique keepsakes. Ones that daddies and grandpas will have and treasure for a long, long time. Our freebie is a printable download that will help you make this special keepsake come to life.
WHAT I USED:
• Our FREE DOWNLOAD
• Washable CRAYOLA© Kid's Paint in Green and Yellow
• FedEx Office Online Printing for the oversized print (11x14 in.)
• Rustic 11x14 in. frame from Hobby Lobby
Here's what your download will look like (minus the extra wording!):
1. Print included FREE DOWNLOAD. At 100%, it is size 11x14 in., and I personally used the online print services of FedEx Office (formerly Kinko's). You could also size it down or "print to fit" your printer's 8 1/2 x 11 in. paper. For sturdiness, I also had ours mounted on the least expensive mounting board, also done for us at FedEx Office. Mounting the artwork up front may make framing easier for you.
2. Using the green and yellow paints, mix up a few different "yellowish greens" to use. For ours, since I have three kids, I used solid green, green with just a touch of yellow, and then green with a lot of yellow to produce three distinct shades of green. The variation in color is important in creating a textured look, and allowing each child's handprints to stand out. The color variation also adds dimension. (You could try using all solid green, but the result may be a flat look where the prints blend together.)
3. Dip each child's hands in your chosen paint color and press atop the printable's branches. Let dry, and then add each additional handprint on top, using the other shades of green you created. (If making this with one child's handprints, you could always let them create several layers, using different shades.)
4. Let dry completely, and frame. Our frame is a rustic wooden frame found at Hobby Lobby.
5. Wrap or embellish with a ribbon or bow, and wish your favorite Dad a Happy Father's Day!